Twenty-one to be exact.
- What the hell? (technically my first question, but I can’t freaking figure out the indents, so I will start at number one below…again.)
If you have ever been a teenage girl, raised a teenage girl, or had to take a teenage girl shopping (within the last decade) you certainly know your way around a Forever 21 store.
If you have not had the lucky occurrence of stepping foot into one of these chain stores, let me paint a picture for you.
As you walk in, you see a paradise of well-lit racks of clothing, shoes, bags, and jewelry. Cool Indie music is playing in the background giving you that fun “I’m gonna spend some money here today.” kind of vibe. The walls are soothing tones of neutrals and the lighting is that dazzling kind that falsely makes you look good in every mirror. Finally, upon check out you will move through a maze-like line stocked with enough merch (crap) for shoppers to make a few
poor last minute decisions before hearing the call, “Next.”
There is a little more to the story, though.
Hence my questions.
- Why are there clothes all over the floor? (Yes, that is correct–everywhere…in EVERY store.)
- Is there a manager anywhere?
- Does this store hire managers?
- If so, did they all die?
- Is this part of the gimmick?
- Where are the people that work here hiding because the only people I see are in the dressing room or running the cash register?
- Does anyone care?
- How do they sell the crap on the floor?
- Does anyone actually pick something out of one of the floor piles and buy it?
- Has a mother ever lost a small child in one of the piles? (I used to love to freak out my mother and hide in the racks of clothes. This store would’ve put her over the edge.)
- At some point does someone from corporate visit to check on things?
- If so, what do the employees do? Quit?
- Has anyone ever seen anyone pick an item of clothing off the floor and re-hang it?
- I always hang up what I knock off. Not here. Do you?
- Why are the employees in the dressing room so rude? You don’t have to deal with the floor drama.
- Or do you…later?
- What do they do with all of the dusty floor swamp piles of clothes?
- Do employees get some special discount just to work here?
- Has anyone ever seen a Forever 21 sans clothing on the floor?
- If so, was it a mirage or a Christmas miracle, perhaps?